Visitor Visa is obligatory for individuals who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and are legally authorized to enter Canada for spending holidays, visit family, conduct business, etc.
In some cases, a visa is not necessary to enter Canada, which means you may need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).
A person who enters Canada on a visitor visa should leave Canada after the Authorized period of stay or six months, whichever is earlier.
Following are the requirements for a visitor visa:
- that the individual will leave Canada at the end of the authorized stay,
- enough funds to maintain bear the personal expenses and the financial needs of one’s family members while in Canada and to return the home country,
- genuineness of the purpose of visit to Canada,
- no intention of working or studying in Canada unless authorized to do so,
- no record of criminal activity and abiding by the laws,
- no risk to the security of Canada,
- provide any additional document requested by the officer to establish your admissibility, and
- be in good health (complete a medical examination if required).